Get Involved: Nominate/Apply
Once a year, One Less Worry, Inc. chooses two local cancer patients as recipients for our annual Trek for Terisa fundraiser which happens every October. The recipients equally split the proceeds from this event and there are no rules or regulations as to how they spend the money they are given. Because of our selection process, we feel confident that the recipients are truly in need of financial assistance during their treatment and/or recovery.
The following criteria are the standards by which our committee selects the recipients. There is not a restriction on type of cancer.
- Must be currently undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Must be age 21 or over.
- Must reside in Sacramento County.
- Must be in need of financial help during their treatment and/or recovery.
- Must consent to having name, photo, background story in PR and marketing materials which will include – but not limited to – web, social media and print efforts.
Another item that is taken into consideration when selecting a recipient is their willingness to be involved in the event – to the best of their ability, of course – by inviting friends and family to attend the event and support One Less Worry, Inc. by attending future events, if possible.
- An Email address.
- Digital photo(s) of applicant.
- Letter from the applicant in their own words describing the hardship caused by the cancer diagnosis/treatment.
- A letter from the treating physician and/or social worker on his/her letterhead stating that the patient is currently in active treatment.
Please fill out the form below and send for consideration. You will be contacted by Email with questions or to notify approval or denial, so please make sure your Email address is correct before sending.